Conforms to Irregular Surfaces, Removes Cleanly
3M™ Vinyl Tape 471 is a versatile tape that provides long-lasting floor and safety marking, sharp paint lines on complex jobs and reliable seals or repairs in a variety of industries. Designed with unique stretch properties, this tape conforms to rough, irregular, curved and convex surfaces while remaining stretched and without lifting after application. The rubber adhesive offers quick stick and excellent holding strength on many substrates.
The tape removes cleanly in one piece from most surfaces to help reduce clean-up and labor costs. Conformability, instant adhesion and clean removal all make 3M™ Vinyl Tape 471 an exceptional choice for temporary surface protection, general purpose paint masking and decorating.
- Lane and safety marking applications
- Temporary surface protection
- Anodizing and electroplating
- Fine line paint masking
- Color coding
- Canister and storage container sealing
- Bundling and reinforcing
Bright Colors in Difficult Applications
3M™ Vinyl Tape 471 features high abrasion resistance to excel in lane marking and coding applications. It maintains its color when exposed to abrasion, wear and many solvents. Using 3M™ Vinyl Tape 471 is a faster, more versatile and less costly option than painting, which often requires ventilation and time consuming prep and clean-up processes. Because 3M™ Vinyl Tape 471 has low leachable halogens and sulfur, it can be used in corrosion sensitive applications.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
- Unique stretch properties enable tape to remain stretched to conform to uneven surfaces without lifting and retracting
- One-piece, clean removal from many surfaces which helps reduce clean-up and labor costs
- Rubber adhesive provides excellent holding strength on many surfaces
- Good abrasion and solvent resistance for long service life