Versatile, Market Leading Performance
For applications requiring premium performance and a thicker profile than our 2 mil tapes, use our versatile 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9472LE. This tape is a market leading solution for bonding plastics in a variety of applications across a broad spectrum of industries. It offers good chemical, humidity and moisture resistance, as well as performance across a wide temperature range (from -40ºF/-40ºC to 300ºF/148ºC). The bond strength increases as a function of time and temperature, and has very high initial adhesion. This tape is supplied on a printed 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner ideal for die-cutting and converting applications. Part of the 3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE family, this tape is manufactured using a solventless manufacturing process. 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9472LE meets UL 969 (reference file PGGU2.MH26206).
- Bonding rough substrates such as textured plastics
- Plastic to metal bonding
- Consumer electronic device assemblies such as phones, tablets and wearable devices
- Industrial electronic device assemblies such as workstations
- Plastic assembly bonding in a variety of industries
- Various assemblies in the automotive industry
- Application and assembly of components on appliances
- Medical equipment and device fabrication
- General industrial applications such as trim attachment
Excellent Adhesion to a Variety of Surfaces
3M™ High Strength Acrylic Adhesive 300LSE is an acrylic adhesive family designed to provide very high bond strength to most surfaces, including a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials. This includes most plastics, metals, glass, papers and painted surfaces. It features good chemical, solvent, moisture and humidity resistance. This adhesive can perform at temperatures ranging up to 300°F/148°C.
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes are double sided tapes comprised of a uniform layer of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive face side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off to expose the backside of the adhesive for attachment. These adhesives and liners are available in a variety of thicknesses to meet a broad selection of applications in numerous industries.
Reduce Harmful Processes
This 3M™ bonding tape is an example of a product that is produced via a solventless manufacturing process. Purchasing this tape instead of one created using a solvent-based manufacturing process can result in GHG emissions reductions that may be counted by your company, called Scope 3, Category 1 GHG reduction. Scope 3 emissions are all indirect emissions that occur in the value chain of the reporting company, including both upstream and downstream emissions.
- High adhesion to metals and high surface energy materials, making it suitable for bonding dissimilar substrates
- Adhesive provides excellent holding power and anti-lifting properties
- Good resistance to industrial chemicals, consumer chemicals, moisture and humidity
- Ideal solution for general purpose attachment and assemblies of a wide variety of materials