For anodizing, composite bonding and splicing, use 3M Polyester Tape 8403. This translucent green tinted tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that bonds well on difficult surfaces, including silicone coated papers and films. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments. This tape is a thicker version of 3M Polyester Tape 8402.
- Works in demanding conditions and retains flexibility in autoclave conditions in temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 350°F (177°C)
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Chemical resistant adhesive and backing provides durability in difficult environments, such as anodization
- Thicker version of 3M Polyester Tape 8402, providing more durability and longer wear
- Ideal for splicing applications on surfaces that are difficult to adhere too, such as silicone coated papers and films